Eddsworld - Surf & Turf Wars Pt. 1 Thoughts

 


Wow, I updated this place way more than I thought I would this month! Not that I'm complaining tho. So... Eddsworld Beyond. It had a fun start with the Easter Bunny episode but honestly it kinda did drag with the ASDF Movie callback and Ellsworld episodes. They weren't bad but I honestly wished we were back with the main gang already. Well it's here now.



This episode, in general, isn't the best but certainly not a bad one. It mostly has the same criticisms I gave to the Beaster Bunny episode along with the same positivies. Let's start with the positives. The animation is once again amazing and stays true to Edd Ghould's vision. Biggest highlight of the episode (for me) was all the past callbacks. There's a lot of fun ones in here.

(''Matt Sucks'' episode where Matt was a vampire)

(Obligatory Tord reference)


(Matt turning into a lobster like Matt's own channel's name and the continuity carried from the Beastar Bunny episode with the liquid that causes mutation)

That's mostly where my praises sadly end tho. I really was not entertained by this episode at all. Well except for one if they didn't drag it out. The british guy not changing the tone in his voice while being brutually murdered by the tiger caught me off guard not gonna lie. I wish they didn't drag that part out tho.


Aside from that tho, this was so painfully unfunny that it kinda hurt. The two burping jokes were kinda overplayed, most of the secondary characters while being a fun distraction didn't really do it for me. I dunno, I just feel like Beaster Bunny was better written and directed.


Yeah, not a bad episode but it just didn't do it for me. I hope the next part is an overall funnier product because I'm intrugied by what they are gonna do with the Lobster Matt. (5/10)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle's Expedition: Rescribbled Chapter 25: Rescuing A Nemesis

TE:R Adventures: The Beginnings (2/3)

TE:R Adventures: The Beginnings (3/3)