Rick and Morty Season 6 Episode 3 and 4 Review

 


Wow I'm pretty late to episodic blogposts unlike the last two. So before episode 5 drops, I figured I do both of them in one post.

Episode 3: Bethic Twinstic


Oh boy, this episode. This god damn episode. The reason I didn't do a post about this when it aired was solely because of me asking ''what am I even watching right now?''

Granted there have been FAR worse in Season 5 especially but yeesh. I get the intention behind this episode with the whole judgement of narcissists but god damn, did it have to be THIS literal?


Beth ''literally'' loving herself honestly isn't that surprising to me but come on. Incest isn't good in the slightest, can't believe I'm even saying this right now. The writers did this shit multiple times already in past episodes as well. Like is this their fetish at this point? I don't even know. Jerry was probably the best part of the episode tho because bro was very savage towards the end.


And the one point that I can give to this episode is that it's very fucking funny. Particularly the kids' reaction to them... doing it. Yeah.


Overall, probably my least favourite episode of the season by far. Incest shit is just gross dude, Dan Harmon. Bro. Please stop. I thought the joke in the Ricklantis Mixup wasn't literal. Please. (3/10)

Episode 4: Night Family


Wow, what a glow up! After episode 3, I became a lot more hesitant again but holy shit, they actually made another fun episode. I'm aware that this was written before S3 and they just now managed to incorporate the idea into the series but this is still a great episode regardless.


One of the reasons I loved this episode was how it characterized the "Night" versions of the family in fun ways. Night Summer and Jerry were the most fleshed out and I loved what they brought to the overall dynamic. Night Summer being the leader of the Night Family was also a nice dynamic to go along with the sci-fi concept.


The concept was the funniest thing tho. Rick is that stubborn that he basically ''died'' just so he could prove a point. And yeah, the Choco shit was hilarious. (9/10)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle's Expedition: Rescribbled Chapter 25: Rescuing A Nemesis

TE:R Adventures: The Beginnings (2/3)

TE:R Adventures: The Beginnings (3/3)